Thank to Our Generous Sponsors
- Unnamed Sponsors
- The American Association of Variable Star Observers is a nonprofit organization of amateur and professional astronomers working together across the globe to increase our knowledge of the Universe.
- Lowell Observatory—the Home of Pluto—is a nonprofit research institution that welcomes about 100,000 guests per year to its Mars Hill campus in Flagstaff, Arizona, the world's first International Dark Sky City.
- SkyMaster Pro 15x70mm Porro Binocular #72030, Qty 1, valued at $259.95 (Door Prize)
- SkyMaster Pro binoculars are the ideal choice for amateur astronomers or anyone that observes at great distances. SkyMaster Pro uses superior optics, coatings, internal parts, and housing materials compared to lower-priced large-aperture binoculars. With large objective lenses, BaK-4 prisms, and fully multi-coated optics utilizing Celestron's proprietary XLT coating technology, the view through a SkyMaster Pro is second to none at this price point.
- Simple Joe Cafe
- Pells Gap Estates
- A hidden paradise on top of Sand Mountain in Northern Alabama.
Other Door Prizes
- Far Point Astronomical Research ($50 gift card)
- Astronomical/Gumbo/Jambalaya/BBQ at Highland Road Park Observatory
- Award Banquet with David Eicher
- Evening Planetarium, show and talk from Fred Espenak at the
Louisiana Arts and Science Museum’s Pennington Planetarium
- Landolt Observatory at Louisiana State University
- Previous ALCON Location
- Speaker Lineup
- Special Thanks to the AAVSO
- Sponsorship Information
- Tour of the LIGO Facility in Livingston Parish
- ALCon 2023 – Astronomical Gumbo
- ON-LINE REGISTRATION